Writing this tip poses an interesting challenge for me.
Each week I attempt to write something that resonates with everyone; walking the line between “quick and dirty” product features and broader issues in recruitment marketing.
But in my efforts not to bore those of you who’ve been clients for years, I sometimes neglect the need to talk about the most basic functionality of our tools.
I was reminded of this last week when I had a conversation with a long-time client who didn’t know about the Seed/Test List feature in their Email account.
Clearly even seasoned TargetX-ers can benefit from a little review of features they might not be using well (or at all).
So this week I decided to focus on a few Email capabilities that you may not know or have forgotten about. I call it my “I didn’t know I could do that” list;)
I’ve written previous XpertTips on some of these; just click the key words below if you’d like to learn more.
Did you know you can:
* Add and append your data (instead of replacing it completely) when you do an import?
* Write, edit and test your message in your library and then save it for later use?
* Create rich-text versions of your messages using the html editor included in the tool?
* Conduct a “split-test” of a message (send two different versions to two different groups and measure the results)?
* Create a “Seed List” of staff members to receive a copy of every message you send?
* View the list of email addresses that were recorded as bouncebacks?
* Add additional custom fields to your account like “Student Status” or “Counselor Assigned” for use in both queries and merges?
* Remove fields you don’t use any longer?
* Select a group to send a followup message with one click?
* Merge information from any field in your database into the body or subject line of your message?
* Save your list of people who receive a “test message” of your broadcast before you send it?
And one more thing…
We strive to do whatever it takes to help you learn our tools and use them effectively to build relationships with your prospects.
So whether you’ve experienced recent staff turnover or just don’t think you know enough about how things work, please call or write if you think we can help you in any way.
Because we hate to hear a client say “I didn’t know I could do that.”
Don’t use eXpressEmail? Look for more “Did You Know?” tips on other products in the future.
Read more about our authors. To change this standard text, you have to enter some information about your self in the Dashboard -> Users -> Your Profile box.